Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Weekly Challenge #178: "Duotangle by the Letter!"

Initials!

Using our initials we are to create a tile. I am involved in a swap going on now which I can't really talk about until the news is released but, it involves using only certain letters of the alphabet for tangles. I found this very liberating because it narrowed the field in which you could work. Too many choices for me sometimes makes my brain hurt. I have a terrible time gong into large department stores to shop for clothes for this same reason. Give me two or three pairs of pants to choose from and I am happy. If you haven't noticed there are so many "named" tangles these days it is sometimes stressful to pick a couple to work with.

So I found this very relaxing. I did two tiles, one for my first and last name DC,



Dyon, Changing


And since I sign my tiles with my middle initial I did a tile that was DMC,


Demi, Maryhill, Chemystery

I really like how Maryhill came out looking like an M (no my middle name is not Mary!). I didn't see it until after I signed it as you can see my initials are in the top left corner!

Less for me is more relaxing.

10 comments:

  1. It's so interesting seeing which tangles people choose! (Chainging is one I can't quite seem to 'get'.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting and I am surprised to hear you don't 'get' a tangle. Your work is so beautiful and recognizable while I am still trying to find my style.

      Delete
  2. Both are lovely! Elegant and well-balanced dark and light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found this challenge very relaxing. The shading on your first tile is really good. The patterns really pop off the tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your first one! I struggle with chaining, and yours is delightful. Fun to see the second too! I am intrigued with your mention of the swap. Hopefully I will hear more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of them, Love the shinging in the first and Maryhill in the second.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra, I had to laugh when you wrote about your brain hurting because of too many choices. I feel that way, exactly, when I look at a menu at a restaurant. Yeeks!! Anyway, beautiful tiles!!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with Changing. Like the 3D effect you created with Dyon. Like the variation of Demi that you used. I have always kept it rectangular. I like the circles.

    ReplyDelete